- Registration Fee: None.
- Dates: September 27-29, 2012
- Location: Jefferson Foundation Center, 112 Clarke Ct, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903 (map)
- Meals: In addition to refreshments during coffee breaks, participants will receive complimentary breakfast on Friday and Saturday, as well as lunch and a reception on Friday.
During the 2012 FID, UVa will be hosting Louisiana Tech for a non-conference Division I football game. This will cause extreme pressure for hotel reservations. We recommend you reserve your room as soon as possible!
The following hotels are offering a special rate for the conference and/or have blocks of rooms reserved for the conference:
|Hotel||Group Rate||Phone||Group Rate Code||Shuttle?|
U Med Center
|1-434-977-1700||Online Code: JSMJSMA||C’ville Trolley|
|The Inn at Darden|| Thu: $130
|1-434-243-5000||University Transit System|
|Red Roof Inn||Thu: $99 **||1-434-295-4333||Reference “Forum for Interdisciplinary Dialogue”||C’ville Trolley|
At the University
|Thu: $139 **||434-923-8600||Reference “Forum for Interdisciplinary Dialogue”||Hotel Shuttle.|
** Due to the football game, these locations will not permit us to save a block of rooms for this night. Thus, rooms are first come, first serve at these locations.
The following hotels do not have a group rate nor have rooms reserved, but may have availability:
- The Boar’s Head Inn, Phone: 1-800-476-1988, Airport Shuttle Provided, (Wed $170, Thu $170, Fri $315)
- The Omni Hotel, Charlottesville, Phone: 1-434-971-5500, No Shuttle
- Hampton Inn (29 North), Phone: 1-434-978-7888, Airport Shuttle Provided
- Budget Inn, Phone: 1-434-971-5500, No Shuttle,
Conference Site Information:
- Wireless Access: The Conference site has access to the UVa wireless networks free of charge. For instructions on how to connect your wireless device click here. For connecting your mobile device click here.
Air Travel: There are four airports providing easy access to the Charlottesvile area:
- Charlottesville Albemarle Airport (CHO) – Driving Directions (10 mi)
- Richmond International Airport (RIC) – Driving Directions (83 mi)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) Driving Directions (112 mi)
- Reagan National Airport (DCA) – Driving Directions (118 mi)
Parking: Limited parking is available at the Jefferson Foundation Center. The University has several parking facilities on the University Bus Lines or short walks from the center.
Travel within Charlottesville: The Charlottesville and University Transit Services have stops near the Foundation Center. A bus route map is available here, with more detailed information available from the UTS website. The Charlottesville Free Trolley is also useful. Please click here to get a map. Maps will also be available at the conference.
- A & W Taxi Service, William Walker: (434) 882-1822
- ABA Taxi: (434) 981-6800
- Accent Taxi: (434) 981-1913
- Access: (434) 974-5522 www.accesstaxi.info
- Ariana Transport: (434) 872-0194 www.ArianaTransport.info
- Arrow Transport, James Collier, Jr.: (434) 760-2035
- Charlottesville Cab Co: (540) 223-3751 www.CharlottesvilleCab.com
- Chuck’s Taxi: (434) 760-3555
- Doni Taxi: (434) 227-2321
- Executive Taxi: (434) 531-3744
- Herring’s Taxi: (434) 987-1206
- Midnight Special: (434) 760-0916
- Peter’s Shuttle: (434) 760-5740
- Rudy’s Taxi: (434) 531-6773
- Safari Taxi & Shuttle: (434) 760-5740
- Skyline Cab: (434) 981-0473
- Star Taxi: (434) 227-2324
- Star’s Taxi: (434) 227-9186
- Tommy’s Taxi: (434) 242-8959
- Wahoo Taxi: (434) 981-0585
- Yellow Cab: (434) 295-4131
- Downtown Business Association: Events, Notable Restaurants, Attractions, etc …
- Best of Charlottesville: Top Restaurants, Attractions, etc …
- Monticello Tours ($22)
- Historic Tours of The Lawn: Free, Given by University Undergraduates